Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CG Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CG Help

I have a G-P space walker whith a ST 75 on it.. I set the CG right no the main spar in the wing..
The prob Im having is the plane flys like it is very tell hevy. I put more white on the nose and it is still doing the same thing..

What it is doing is it will bloom up real bad.... at full, 1/2 ond 0 throtle. The plane will land hot.

for me to have levle flite the elevator will be 1/4" down.. My trim is at full down..

I do not know were the CG is to be at on this plane but most plans that I have had the cg was the best at the main spar..

if any one can help me out on this one it would be nice.. thanks

Paul
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CG Help

G'day Paul,
I don't believe that you have CG problem, a tail heavy plane will have a very efficient elevator, & may fly slightly tail down, when a low throttle, I believe you either don't have your elevators set at neutral with all trims neutral, or you have put it together with negitive tailplane incidence or too much positive main wing incidence, causing the balooning.
check & see,
Old 06-27-2007, 10:54 AM
KI8FR

I did not bild this plane.. the one I got it from said that it flw grate.. all I did was put a enging on it.. but then he mite not have told me the truth about it.. I will take a look at the incidence and see what I come up with..

Thanks for the help
Paul
Old 06-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Ed Smith

To set the CG use the attached diagram. Once the CG is correct then other adjustments can be made.

Ed S
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40894.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	712267  
Old 06-27-2007, 05:21 PM
DaveB

Take a look at the Space Walker on the Great Planes web site. According to the manual, the CG should be 4 1/4" from the leading edge.

DaveB
Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 PM
KI8FR

Well now that exsplans alot.. lol Thanks for the in for.. that is my porb.. I am no were nere that.. The spar is not that far back.. thanks
Paul