Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sierra vs. Robart retracts?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sierra vs. Robart retracts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Ghostrider FIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra vs. Robart retracts?

Hello all!

I need retracts to my ZB-25 118" and i compared Sierra and Robart. Why i should spend about 350$ extra for the Sierra, it is a worth of money? Sierra retracts cost 950$ and the Robart cost 595$ that is way big difference of a price, 350$ is quite lot of a money.

Which one is better than other and why?

Tuomo
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Sierra vs. Robart retracts?

I don't know anything about the retracts your refering to but I can tell you 2 years ago I bought Robart retracts for my 85" P-51 and the only way I could stop the blocks from breaking in them was to buy some aftermarket alumin. ones made by Sierra. They have never broken since and I have put them through a lot. I also found the owner ( his name escapes me ) to be very nice and it seemed he was always there to answer the phone and my questions.

If it's still the same place as it was then and I needed a set of retracts I would buy from Sierra. How much money have you got into the plane besides the retracts ???
Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Ghostrider FIN

Yep it´s true that price of a retracts are small when i look wholly plane including engines, servos, electronics etc... I just want to know how much better and durable sierras are compared to Robart. I like to hear any experiencies if someone have both brands.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

I have Sierra and Robart retracts and for the money I would spend the extra for the Sierra retracts again. They are very well made and work flawlessly.

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider FIN

Yep it´s true that price of a retracts are small when i look wholly plane including engines, servos, electronics etc... I just want to know how much better and durable sierras are compared to Robart. I like to hear any experiencies if someone have both brands.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Ghostrider FIN

I made my decision, i will buy Sierra retracts. They definitely looks better and durable with all machined components. i looked many pictures of those both brands and has been read many topics of this forum where is any things about retracts. I not saying that Robart is bad i only I think Sierra is worth to my B-25.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:20 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sierra is better than unitract and mabey better than the earl aunne .
THE 148 Robarts for the big corsair are very rugged compared to the unitracts and the
aunne retracts.
Sierra might be the best , but robart is not far behind