Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

quesiton about my new nexstar

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

quesiton about my new nexstar

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
the69booger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quesiton about my new nexstar

so i bought my first airplane today, a hobbico nexstar, i own 2 nitro trucks and an hpi baja, my question is why does the airplane have no air filter, you are asking for trouble to run a nitro truck without air filter?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: quesiton about my new nexstar

The reason is the plane does not operate in the same dusty environment that most nitro cars and trucks do. There is no dust/dirt in the air, and since the majority of runways are grass or asphalt there is no dust/dirt there either. If you plan on operating your plane off of a pure dirt runway you might want to think about an air filter, but you could probably do without it there too. It's really as simple as planes and cars operate in two totally different environments.

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 06-28-2007, 08:25 PM
crashproof

Here's what I do it atleast keeps any substantial dirt out. Steal an old set of your wife or girlfriends panty hose and cut out a square big enough to stretch over the carb opening, then just attach it there with a small zip tie, works great for me. Hope my wife does'nt see this. Good Luck, Kevin.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:18 AM
jetmech05

Ken is correct its just not needed. I used to run trucks also I asked the same question. I dont fly with any filters and its not a problem.
You'll be surprised how long a glow plug lasts in an airplane compaired to a truck also.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Nnoodles

ORIGINAL: crashproof

Here's what I do it atleast keeps any substantial dirt out. Steal an old set of your wife or girlfriends panty hose and cut out a square big enough to stretch over the carb opening, then just attach it there with a small zip tie, works great for me. Hope my wife does'nt see this. Good Luck, Kevin.

I'd put them back where i found em with the little square gone. Just for sh1ts'n'giggles.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Enterprise7

buy a rubber cork from a hardware store and stuff it into the carberator.