Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Evolution engines stink!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Evolution engines stink!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
lrglnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engines stink!!!!!

Well I took the moter out of the plane yesterday and mounted it into a test stand. We will see if I can get it to runn better that way. meanwhile I ordered a 46ax OS and should be here next week. I will put it into the Twist and put the Evo on a trainer if I can get it to work. I ain't gonna give up on her. the thing has alot of power. and I am sure I will figur it out somehow
Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lrglnman

I ordered a 46ax OS and should be here next week. I will put it into the Twist and put the Evo on a trainer if I can get it to work. I ain't gonna give up on her. the thing has alot of power. and I am sure I will figur it out somehow
Throw a 12x3.75 or 12x4 APC on that Twist and you be good to go. I fly mine with a Saito .72 and a 14x4W and have freinds that run the OS .46 on the Twist and it performs great.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've met and played with a few of the Evolution glow engines over the last couple of years. The only thing I've seen with them that has been a problem is the fuel line between the remote needle valve and the carb. For some reason most have had a hole in that line out of the box. The only other issue I have seen with them has been due to the owners and over aggressively turning all the needles.

BTW, the OS line of engines ain't all they used to be. OTH, Saito is better than they ever were.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM
halfinchwrench

I have 3 OS engines and one Evo, a 46 that I LOVE and I have used OS for a long time now. I used 15% in it from day one and the only one problem I had was the carb screws were lose on the second run. I'd say that the only thing I have to say bad about the evo is that is is alot heavier than an OS of the same size.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
pkevinb

I had the same problem with my .45 Evolution engine. It quit when inverted because it got too rich. I took out the original plug and installed an OS Type F plug and and it ran great and the inverted flight problem went away. I also tried a Fox Miracle plug and it runs great with that as well.

ORIGINAL: lrglnman

YA KNOW i HAVE THE SAME PROB WITH THIS MOTOR.UNTIL I GO INVERTED AND IT DEAD STICKS tHE LOW END NEEDS VERY SMALL MOVEMENTS AND IT LOADS UP ON IDLE BUT. i THINK i AM SUCKING AIR SOMEWERE .WHEN I invert the plane , with it at half throttle most of the time the engine dies like it gets too much fuel or goes to rich but in all other bench test I am running at top notch settings. only when I go inverted.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM
lrglnman

I have tried a fox plug and several os #8s and still have the same probs. keep the suggestions comming please. I may give the other os plugs a try
Old 07-16-2007, 04:21 AM
timmy45140
My Feedback: (20)

The link below may help shed some light on the problem, or not? Scroll about halfway down the page.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=153]Evo review[/link]