Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Monokote Iron Temp...

Alright, just purchased a Monokote iron to apply some Monokote... The film instructions state a specific temp to use when applying...well, the iron dosen't have temp settings, it has numbers ranging from 1-3; 1 being the coolest and 3 being the hottest. How on earth do I know what the temp will be when the corosponding heat dial is in a numeric system unrelated to temp? Is the 1 representative to 100 degrees and 2 being 200 degrees, etc? I don't have a cooking thermometer to fund out.
    What goes up must come down (sometimes hard), so build a SPAD and save some cash, man.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Monokote Iron Temp...

The best way is to get the Coverite thermometer. Other than that, cut some scraps of the monokote and it should just start to shrink when you you drop them on the iron (right side up). If it starts to wrinkle badly right away, the iron is too hot. When you think you have the correct setting, mark the dial.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Monokote Iron Temp...

When using that iron I have had success when keeping the temperature at the highest setting for application and shrinking of Monokote. For putting trim pieces of Monokote on top of Monokote I use the middle temperature setting to keep from having bubbles.