Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Monokote Iron Temp...

Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
air-madness

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Monokote Iron Temp...

Alright, just purchased a Monokote iron to apply some Monokote... The film instructions state a specific temp to use when applying...well, the iron dosen't have temp settings, it has numbers ranging from 1-3; 1 being the coolest and 3 being the hottest. How on earth do I know what the temp will be when the corosponding heat dial is in a numeric system unrelated to temp? Is the 1 representative to 100 degrees and 2 being 200 degrees, etc? I don't have a cooking thermometer to fund out.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:10 PM
jeff1127

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Monokote Iron Temp...

The best way is to get the Coverite thermometer. Other than that, cut some scraps of the monokote and it should just start to shrink when you you drop them on the iron (right side up). If it starts to wrinkle badly right away, the iron is too hot. When you think you have the correct setting, mark the dial.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Newc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Monokote Iron Temp...

When using that iron I have had success when keeping the temperature at the highest setting for application and shrinking of Monokote. For putting trim pieces of Monokote on top of Monokote I use the middle temperature setting to keep from having bubbles.

Search this Thread