Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Nitro models Bobcat-50 assy

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Nitro models Bobcat-50 assy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
moto-x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro models Bobcat-50 assy

Hey guys, I won this thing at our clubs raffle. I have had a few forein kits and the instructions or destructions are'nt much help for set up of plane. This thing calls for 8 servos, 1 steer wheel, 1 throttle, 2 aliron, 2 rudder and 2 elevator. I am just wondering how others have set this plane up. If I use 2 rudder servos and a y-harness then what do you do with the steer wheel. I would not be too thrilled about using 2 y-harnesses to be able to plug this in channel 4. I have a 7c futaba radio, I guess I could get out the book and see about linking two channels together. Just wondering how the rest of you might do it. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 AM
opjose

Default RE: Nitro models Bobcat-50 assy

Check the other threads on this.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Firecop119

i owned a nitro models arf and i gave up on it. this is my first year flying and stevie wonder could have givin me better directions. not for FNG'S
Old 08-31-2007, 12:29 AM
opjose

Most of their ARF's are fine, the manuals are lacking as you've discovered.

If you have prior ARF ( 2-4 planes ) experience you'll do OK.

The Bobcat the OP talks about is a very good plane. Some of the jet guys are putting turbines on it and flying it waay outside it's envelope. They seem to like it as a "starter jet".

Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
moto-x

I have built from scratch,kits and several arfs. The only thing I really needed in the manual was the cg. Some other searches have found a lot more suitable cg for this plane. I have reinforced the problem areas discussed and decided to use standard size servos throughout. I am running a Super-tiger 51 ringed with a OS P-box muffler fitted to it. I'm not sure what kind of speed this setup will see but I am looking forward to it. I did lengthen the nose gear to give it a little positive incidence for quicker lift off. The guys putting turbines on this thing are to be commended or committed. I watched some of their videos and it was amazing. I would love to try it but my budget is not in to turbines yet. Maybe some day.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:14 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: moto-x

The guys putting turbines on this thing are to be commended or committed.
LOL

Yes.

I put a .76 GMS 2 stroker on mine with a 3 bladed Master Airscrew 14x7 prop cut down to 13".

I expect the plane to be a real screamer as it has a lot of thrust. I may later try making a 13x10x3 prop for it.

I was about to fly it when I stupidly managed to stick my fingers into the spinning prop...

Fortunately in rebalancing the prop I had dulled the prop edges so I was not cut too badly... with a sharp APC I would have lost some fingers!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:49 PM
moto-x

Damn, I bet that hurt like a .....you know. So you have not flown it yet. Good luck and land soft.