Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Coverite fabric cover questions.

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Coverite fabric cover questions.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 PM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Coverite fabric cover questions.

I have used this stuff before but i can't remember what i used for sure.
I'm building a Sig 1/4 cub this winter and need to know what one to get.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXB239&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXB197&P=0

I did not use dope the last time i used it but i did paint it and it was slightly opaque before applying.

The #2 choice looks like it's already white and needs no dope.
Anyway of the 2 what one did you like.
Pat

Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coverite fabric cover questions.

Super Coverite is a real pleasure to work with. It goes on fantastic. Just make sure you make real nice cuts when trimming etc , you also have to get the weave right, follow instructions. I painted mine with Klass Kote epoxy primer and paints. I heard we can only get it in antique now, I had white!

I recommend it, for sure!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
mark21

I'm in the middle of a frustrating dillemma here. I'm currrently building a Top Flite giant scale Corsair. This has been an on going project for the last several years. The problem is this. I decided to re-work the ailerons and possibly the elevators. I'm covering the airlerons, elevators,rudder and outboard flaps with something I thought to be Coverite fabric. It is NOT painted. Looks to be slightly WHITE opaque. I can't remember what the devil brand it was. Definitely heat shrink, though..I WAS thinking it might have been Supercoverite, but as I look at the Tower Hobbies photo/description of the stuff, it's called "antique". This stuff looks, well, ANTIQUE. What I' m using is WHITE, NOT ANTIQUE....Does anyone know what this was/is called? Any help would be greatly appreciated...P.S., I already went through my order history at tower but was unable to find it.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Mode One

Super Coverite used to come in many colors. Now it is only available in the Antique, which is a light tan. If the stuff you have is a few years old, it could be white Super Coverite. Since your going to paint it I assume, being as most Corsairs were Navy Blue, what difference does it make what it is? It could also be one of "Tex", type coverings, or one of the other fabric type coverings that have been available over the years. Don't be afraid to turn up the heat, to apply and shrink.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Mode One

I just found out Tower Hobbies no longer sells Super Coverite (and I really liked the stuff)!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
mark21

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a different manufacturer (i.e.) the color difference...I'm sure now that it WAS Supercoverite.
So now the challenge is where to find it. Tower hobbbies no longer carries it. I'm hoping my LHS does. If not, there are always other sources. Ebay for one, Hobbico for another.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Mode One

ORIGINAL: mark21

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a different manufacturer (i.e.) the color difference...I'm sure now that it WAS Supercoverite.
So now the challenge is where to find it. Tower hobbbies no longer carries it. I'm hoping my LHS does. If not, there are always other sources. Ebay for one, Hobbico for another.
I think the products manufactured by Coverite are the property of Hobbico/Great Planes/Tower Hobbies. I think if Tower Hobbies has disciontinued carrying this product, it is no longer being manufactured. Finding a Hobby Shop or person selling it on Ebay may be your only choice.