Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Warp in Skyraider Mach-2 wing

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Warp in Skyraider Mach-2 wing

Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warp in Skyraider Mach-2 wing

I wanted a cheap little "beater plane" just to practice landings and stuff and I figured a World Models Skyraider Mach-2 ARF would be perfect since it was simple and only cost $69. I flew it today and had to add a ton of right aileron trim to make it fly level. I brought it down, rechecked all my assembly work and everything was good. When I got it home, I started checking the wing and found a fairly bad twist in the right half. It appears to have been built that way. The left half is fine.

I've tried twisting it the other way and re-shrinking the covering. This has helped a little but it won't completely remove the twist. Is there some other method or trick that I'm not aware of? I'm scared to apply too much heat or force on the lousy covering used on this plane.

I suppose I could just live with the problem since it's not exactly intended as a precision flyer anyhow. It's just frustrating. I probably should have checked the wing halves when unpacking the plane then returned it to the LHS. Live and learn.

Thanks in advance for your input and ideas.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:22 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Warp in Skyraider Mach-2 wing

only thing I can think of is put it outside in the sun on a hot day propped up with the warp over corrected a bit and let it stay there till dark and it has time to cool slowly.