Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Big Stik/Su-31 engine decision?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Big Stik/Su-31 engine decision?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Stik/Su-31 engine decision?

I need you guys to help make up my mind here.....I currently am flying a Big Stik 60 with a Super Tiger .90 engine on it. I've just purchased a Hobbico Su-31 and an Evolution .61 engine. I was just going to put the Evolution .61 in the new Su-31 which is rated for a .50-.75 engine. My Big Stik is rated for a .60-.91 engine and like I said,it has a Super Tiger .90 in. After thinking about it,I'd actually like to put the ugly looking Super Tiger .90 in the .50-.75 rated Su-31 because I can(pretty surely) hide the ugly motor inside its cowl. And I could put the cool looking Evolution .61 in my Big Stick thats rated at .60-.90,thus possibly over powering my Su-31 and putting my Big Stik at its lowest engine size rating. But having that Evolution in the totally open to view Big Stik would be much more apealing to look at. The Su is atually a pound or two heavier than the Big Stik though,but the Stik has 5.5" more wingspan.

So,what do you think I should do?......Keep my ugly Super Tiger on my Big Stik and put the cool looking Evolution on the Su where I cant see it,or swap motors for looks and all will be good? I want them both to still fly well no matter what and not be under powered. I'm too new to know if my Big Stik is a ripper or not,I just know it flies well for me.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big Stik/Su-31 engine decision?

Put your 90 in the Sukhoi. It should be a better all around aerobatic plane, and the stick will be happy with the .60 as a gentle sport plane.