Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Ultimate Biplane CG location

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Goldberg Ultimate Biplane CG location

Old 03-20-2003, 06:55 AM
hyperbatix
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Goldberg Ultimate Biplane CG location

Can anyone tell me where the starting C.G. should be on the Goldberg Ultimate? Can anyone here tell me where a good 3D C.G. location is for this plane? Thanks guys for the help!

KEvIN
Old 03-31-2003, 04:12 PM
macmaster77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flew one of these. Personally I had nothing but trouble with this airplane. I don't have the plans anymore however, I thought that I would give this warning that I experienced. If your engine stalls in flight, make sure that you have plenty of altitude. The parasitic drag on this beast is awful. The engine that I had every now and then would die in the air. Then the plane just stops flying then it rolls to the left or right and you know whats happens next. Be sure to land with power. Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:25 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Kevin,
I have one of these and will check my plans this evening for you. I have not had any problems, but with this one and the last one i had, as mentioned by macmaster, you need to keep the speed up for landings. if you do it will grease in very nicely....don't try to flare and slow it down too too much.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:41 PM
hyperbatix

Default CG

I would appreciate it if you would post the CG or e-mail me. This is my second one I've owned in about 12 years. I am trying to get the optimum CG setting without moving it back too far from the manufacturers suggested location. I love this plane! Contrary to what I used to think this plane will 3D very well! I have been doing high alpha harriers about 2 feet off of the ground and it is stable as a rock! It will also hover very nice and do a nice elevator. I am learning torque rolls with it but so far have only been able to get about 1 1/2 rotations out of it. Anyway, thanks for your help!

KEvIN
Old 04-01-2003, 01:49 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Kevin,

All I can offer is the manufacture's recommended location...which is a range of 1", from the firewall it's 7.75"-8.75" back and from the leading edge of the bottom wing it's 2"-3".

I'm afraid I don't do any 3-D with the plane, and only fly it on a ST90.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:02 AM
hyperbatix

Default CG

Thanks! Now I have something to work with! I really do appreciate it.

KEvIN