Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SPektrum DX-7 and RV4-40?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SPektrum DX-7 and RV4-40?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:03 AM
alexflyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPektrum DX-7 and RV4-40?

Generally im good with electronics and understanding/following the manf. instructions based on the booklet. unfortunately im not a seasoned veteran of the RC planes just yet. so trying to comprehend what most of you enthusiasts are able to so quickly is a major learning process for me. I've read the included manual with the spektrum DX-7 front to back to front to back to front to back and so forth. the concepts and functions are not sticking in my brain like they should and control surfaces are not moving or responding as their intended. The plane type is a GreatPlanes RV4-40 kit (the 2nd one of these i built) and its got 7 servos in all

Servo; ( 1 - Left Aileron ) ( 1 - Left Flap ) ( 1 - Right Flap ) ( 1 - Right Aileron )
( 1 - Rudder ) ( 1 - Elevator ) ( 1 - Throttle )

The rudder, elevator, and throttle are straight forward enough for me grasp so they are functioning as intended. The mass confusion comes with trying to set-up the ailerons and flaps!?!?! please help me figure out what wing type i choose if any for the RV4-40 and how these 4 servos should be connected and what options in the remote in order to help me understand what the manual is trying to tell me! if there is a detailed walkthrough or a link in the right direction to inform me please let me know. there isnt anyone thats into the hobby near me that i've come in contact with to help guide me so any ideas, thoughts, tips, info, how-to's or knowledge to pass down to me would help me incredibley. I already lost one of these that i built so my priority this time is learn the proper way and understand so i dont lose another one to my impatience.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 AM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SPektrum DX-7 and RV4-40?

G'day Alex,
Have a look here, http://www.rcaerobats.net/
Scroll down for the Spektrum DX7 page, there are lots of tips for setting up different types of wing configurations here.
Enjoy your DX 7, I love mine.