Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Perry Pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 07:42 PM
RCWINGS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perry Pump

Hi All
Question??? Can someone tell me what the purpose of a perry pump is. I have read some info about a perry pump. Is it because the fuel tank is to far from the engine. Exhaust muffer pressure is not enough going to tank? The perry pump is used to add MORE pressure? Or to insure the engine will have enough fuel from the fuel tank. When/What distance should a perry pump be used. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:02 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default Perry Pump

All of the above. Many people mount their tanks on the CG of the plane causing the distance to be too much for muffler pressure to push the fuel to the engine. Or, a lot of aftemarket mufflers don't have enough pressure to pressurize the tank.

The pump should be mounted close to but before the needle valve.

Mike
Old 03-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Geistware

Default Perry Pump

I have used a pump to get more consistant power but it is usually used to overcome plumbing issues.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:03 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default One other purpose

Additional power can be realized over many sport type engines if a Perry/Varsane/Conley pump is used with a matching Perry 'pump' carburator. Many engines are limited in their venturi size by the need to provide suction to help in fuel draw. The Perry pump type carb will have a considerably larger venturi for any given stock application and produce more power. Perry does make pumped and unpumped carbs and the pump type will not effectively work without the pump.

John
Old 03-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Geistware

Default Perry Pump

Yea, what he said!