Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What could casue this? (crash of ultra sport)

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What could casue this? (crash of ultra sport)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could casue this? (crash of ultra sport)

Hi

well i jsut crashed a kit plane i have a few questions,

9 channel pcm jr
ds821 elevator servo

The servo died, it just would not reply in a turn to approch it came back online (now im wondering that the h*ll is going on ) as i do my approch i loose it again and the plane goes in,

The rx never went into failsafe.

What cause cause one channel to die and not the rest i had controle of the ail and trotal alol the way down...

After recovery servo works again

what could cause this?

Steven

mods- i didnt knwo were this could be posted so i put it here feel free to move it to the radio mfg forum or the crash and rebuild.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:00 PM
air-madness

Default RE: What could casue this? (crash of ultra sport)

I would check your servo lead out. At times, the metal connectors within the plastic connector case get worn out. When this happens it will cause intermittent failure like you are describing. I've had it happen too -- sucks big time when you're having to land at full throttle...

See, the servo lead end(s) work on friction fit, the lead itself is a female end -- the RX end is a male end (little needles sticking up). When the female end loosens up there tends to be slop created.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Flying freak

Thanx,
il check that out.. the elevator had no extensions to get it to the rx it was direct into the rx
Old 10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check both the servo connector AND the receiver for any corrosion/oxidation. Either a loose fit , corrosion/oxidation or a combination of the 2 could cause this. A fully charged battery would have enough juice to go through the corrosion/oxidation, but later in the flight a less than full charge may not be able to get through any stuff there, or only intermittantly.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once in awhile the servo motor itself will quit usually intermittently at first. Then sooner or later it will quit completely. see if you can hold the servo while you try and work the servo simulating a load on the servo and see if it quits. It may continue working and if it does to bad. if it quits at least you know what the problem was.
Couple of the other ideas previously posted could have caused the problem also. such as bad connection, low battery, possibly a stall.