Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I just bought a bobcat 5o from nitro planes. can someone tell me the best way to set up this plane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I just bought a bobcat 5o from nitro planes. can someone tell me the best way to set up this plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Waynesworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought a bobcat 5o from nitro planes. can someone tell me the best way to set up this plane

What servos should i use for the elevator,rudder etc. Thanks,Wayne Liedorff
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
masonman

Default RE: I just bought a bobcat 5o from nitro planes. can someone tell me the best way to set up this plane

Depends. You like Futaba, JR, Hitec? Analog or Digital?
I am a Futaba guy myself. If i were to go analog i would go with 3004. They are a real nice std 40 oz. servo. an cheap. An i have never had any trouble out of them.

Now if your wanting a little more power for that 3D stuff heck you could load it up with Hitecs 5955 if you wanted, but that would be a waste. Futaba makes a Nice 85oz. digital servo a 3152 that works real nice.
But to each his own..

PS. Have you ever tryed to contact nitro models for an reason? If so let me know how there customer service stacks up to Tower an Horizon. I hear they are bad about not returning E-mails an not picking up the phone. Thats just what i heard
Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I just bought a bobcat 5o from nitro planes. can someone tell me the best way to set up this plane

I've seen one fly. It's fast!!! use a servo with great centering and super resolution. I'd go digital for sure for the speed and accuracy. Metal or nylon gear won't make much difference. If you were a JR guy I'd say 4721, but other manufacturers have equally good products.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Waynesworld

Nitro planes customer service is terrible. I would like to use 3004's but on the back of the plane the cutouts for the servos are made for micro servos.