Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SAME STROKE OR ALTERNATE SAITO TWIN ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SAME STROKE OR ALTERNATE SAITO TWIN ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:40 PM
cavandish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAME STROKE OR ALTERNATE SAITO TWIN ?

I AM ABOUT TO PURCHASE A 90 OR 100 SAITO TWIN FOR MY MODEL TECH DRAGON LADY 60 THE MANUFACTURES SAY UP TOO 120 F/S IS GOOD, WILL ONE OF THESE 1.00 HP ENGINES BE OK FOR REASONABLE SPORT PERFORMANCE IN THIS BIRD ???????? (8.5 LBS- 872 SQUARES

THE 90 FIRES ON ALTERNATE STROKES ? THE 100 ON THE SAME? WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES/ DISADVANTAGES PLEASE ????? WHICH ONE SHOULD i BUY ?????????????????
THANKS
JOHN
NEW ZEALAND
Old 10-26-2007, 10:55 AM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAME STROKE OR ALTERNATE SAITO TWIN ?

Cavandish,

I will admit a four stroke twin in a Dragon Lady would be AWESOME. The Saito 100 twin should be more than enough power for the plane depending on your flying style. I also have that model with a Saito 125GK mounted inverted in it. The only thing you see of the engine is the gold valve covers sticking out the bottom of the cowl and a suprisingly small hole for the muffler. Also, I have not had any problems with the motor being inverted, but I did put a remote glow driver on the plane for safety reasons. An opposed twin may stick out the sides more than you want. My plane has enough power to cruise around at about half throttle all day. I also want to build a set of floats for my plane and paint them to match the airplane.

Keep us posted on what you decide and post some pics of your plane when it's done.