Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Problems with shop

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Problems with shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Igor Mikhalchuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with shop

Hi, colleagues! I have bought ARF model of the plane in this http://www.quicktechhobby.com/Airpla.../swallow66.htm shop. Payment has made with the credit card, on July, 6, 2007. The fact of payment proves to be true an extract from bank. I have not received a parcel and the manager of shop Larry S. Quick does not answer my letters, does not inform number of a parcel and the fact of sending. The help is necessary for me. I want to receive my parcel or to return my money.

Thank you!

Best regards, Igor Mikhalchuk, Ukraine.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
fozjared

Default RE: Problems with shop

thank you for informing us, i hope someone knows this company and can get you in contact with the owner. things like this post will kill most of the business to a new online shop until reparations are made, that is one of the many wonderful advantages of this forum! there are hundreds maybe thousands of people that will see this thread within a few days, people that might have found that website and liked a plane and lost their money as well! good luck with getting your plane or your money one or the other.. i wish i could help, all i can say is keep a copy of all correspondence you have had with this company and maybe you can contact a lawyer that is close to this guys shop and have them send the shop a letter..

this from their homepage: International Orders Accepted

Importing & Exporting the finest Radio Control Products

Founded in 1977

he claims to ship internationally so there should be no excuse for the shop owner to not have this product in your hands by now! good luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Red B.

Vitayu Igor,

I am sorry about you being ripped off like that. It appears that some companies that accept foreign orders couldn't care less about their foreign customers. The same thing you describe happened to me a couple of years ago when I ordered a Saito 300 twin from a Florida shop (that has been shut down by now). The transaction was very smooth until after they got my money. After waiting for a couple of weeks for the engine to be delivered I contacted them through email and got a short answer that the parcel had been shipped, after that they refused to answer my emails and when I called them, they hang up on me.
Fortunately, some time later I learned that a commercial pilot friend of mine was about to make an overnigt stay in the very city where the shop was located. He agreed to try locating the shop and I faxed a copy of the my credit card statement to the hotel where he was staying. I do not know how he managed it, but somehow he persuaded a policeman to accompany him into the shop where he presented the shop owner with the credit card statement and demanded to see some proof that the engine had been shipped. Less than 5 minutes later, with a Saito twin under his arm, he left the shop :-).

After that incident I am rather careful about where I order my stuff from.
Unless a web shop provides a postal adress and telephone number in addition to an email adress I do not do business with them. I also check forums like this to make sure there is no negative feedback about the company that I am about to do business with.

BTW, I notice that you live in Ukraine. Next time try ordering from somewhere closer, I regularly buy stuff from the European countries.

I do hope that you eventually will get your aircraft!

Do pobachennya!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
sowega flyer

This was posted last month:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_64...tm.htm#6468677

Good luck...and check your credit card for unauthorized charges.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Igor Mikhalchuk

Thanks for your interest to my problem! Today I have written the letter in American federation of consumers. The car-fan from Kiev Vovan CBR too bought in this shop some models. The manager answered letters, the parcel was delivered very long. Under my request he has written letter to Larry. The answer too is not present. I continue search of the plane.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see no one has mentioned the obvious, so I will.

Call your credit card company and explain the situation. Tell the credit card company you would like a "charge back" from this company. MOST credit card companys have no problems with this. They will typically ask you to fill out a form and send any documentation you may back to them (copies of the emails and their response [if any] ).

If you have concerns about unauthorized charges from this company request that the credit card company not accept ANY charges from this company on your card. If they will not/can not do that, request another card with a different number and when you get it cancel the 1st card.

If the credit card companys in the Ukraine are like the ones in the US, you will get an immediate "temporary" charge back and once the credit card peple have investigated the complaint, the charge back will be permanent.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:36 AM
Igor Mikhalchuk

OK! I shall call to my credit card company! Larry has answered the letter of my friend and promised to check up the notes and orders. I shall wait for results.