Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fliton 540. Not runing right

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fliton 540. Not runing right

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 PM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fliton 540. Not runing right

I have a fliton Edge 540 with a .75 2-stroke on 15% coolpower. The airplane flys like a champ as long as you fly it scale. No fast inputs to the controls. I can run it up on the ground an it will tach 10.200 an not fall off.As soon as i lift off at about 3/4 throttle it will start runing like it would at about 1/4 throttle. After working the throttle up an down two or three times the engine will pick back up an climb out vertical with no more problems.I can level out an fly it scale till the tank runs dry with no more problems. Now when i try a slow role it will fall to about 1/4 power when inverted. When i try anything that means pointing the nose cloudward, it will fall off in power then i cycle the throttle stick a few times an it will try to climb to the moon. I thought it might be a little lean so i opened it on the ritch side now (-500rpm) to see if that would fix it, but it made it worse. Leaned it to where its is almost to the point of leaning out an dyeing on take off. This plane has ran flawless the past four months. The cool weather set in an it started this. Non of my other glow engines are this hard to tune when it gets cooler. Any help with this problem would be great.......
Old 11-25-2007, 01:55 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fliton 540. Not runing right

what brand engine would be helpful.when was the glow plug last changed?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:10 PM
masonman

Brand new #8 glo plug. Its a tower .75. that runs great up untill now
Old 11-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Villa

I have seen three cases where the hole in the muffler for the pressure line to the tank, was plugged. Stick a needle into it and clean it out.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:27 PM
masonman

I broke the engine down today an found the head bolts were loose, went on to find the liner in the block had twisted an closed off part of the exhaust port. so i fixed that an if it will stop raining here i will try an fly it tomorrow