Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glow Fuel Life

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Springer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Fuel Life

How long will Glow Fuel last? If it is in the factory sealed bottle and has never been opened what is its shelf life?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:17 PM
DaveB

Default RE: Glow Fuel Life

I've had unopened gallons last for a year or more. It probably would last much longer, but eventually I got around to using it. Opened gallons are another matter, at least from my experience. I am not sure whether it's the nitro evaporating or the fuel absorbs moisture, but my engines didn't run very well with opened fuel from the previous flying season.

DaveB
Old 11-25-2007, 05:24 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's more than five minutes old it's bad. send it to me. And i'll properly dispose of it for you. Nice guy that i am i won't even charge you for it.

But on a more truthful note. I have fuel in my garage over four years old that is still fine after opening.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Springer
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info.

I guess I should just run some through on the ground and see if there is any difference compared to a new bottle.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
fozjared

if it is unopened, run it! or as suggested above send it to me instead i will even pay shipping and i can dispose of it quickly! i just finished off 1/2 gal today in the 30-40 something degree rainy weather we had here in ne tx! talk about a die hard pilot i was out there by myself for several hours tearing up the sky, slicing the raindrops into submission, who says water and fuel dont mix! today my evo .46 didn't know the difference, it burns it all, and quickly.. just imagine how much fuel i would have burned had it not been sprinkling during most of the flights..