Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Aileron Twist

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron Twist

I have a slight twish in one of the ailerons on the kit I'm building. If I wet the end thats twisted, and over bend it and let it dry, will that strighten it out. Its out about 1/8" (see pic below). Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99388.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	814762  
Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aileron Twist

G'day Mate,
I would not worry about that, alignment can be done when covering, hard to tell how far out it is, from the pic, but if you need to fix it, wet it with cloudy amonia, clamp straight & let dry overnight, it will not warp like balsa does when wetted with water.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use the ammonia and water method, about 50-50, and get the wood pretty wet. Apply an opposite twist, secure, and let dry completely. It's a trail and error thing. If you don't get all of it out then the balance can be removed with the covering and a hot iron. If you incur too much reverse twist you maay have to start over going the other way.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the straightening BEFORE you add the LE and TE sheeting. Once the sheeting is on you can forget about removing the twist.