Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Aluminum Spinners

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Aluminum Spinners

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:02 PM
highflyer767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Spinners

What are the best aluminum spinners Tru-Turn or Dave Browns? Thanks..
Old 12-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aluminum Spinners

That is like asking which is better, Ford or Chevvy. The answer to both is that they are both good.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:50 PM
highflyer767

Campy, The reason I ask is because I purchased a Tru-Turn spinner last week and after the first flight it was loose and I was unable to snug it down tight. It is moving left and right touching the prop when you hold the prop and rotate the spinner form side to side. I followed their directions re. not to over tighten the allen screw. Just wondering if any other people have had similar problems, or I just have a defective spinner from Tru-Turn.

There are products out there that I would tell people to stay away from and other products a must buy. As to Ford or Chevy, I wouldn't buy either one!!!

Thanks anyways for your response.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:21 PM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: highflyer767

Campy, The reason I ask is because I purchased a Tru-Turn spinner last week and after the first flight it was loose and I was unable to snug it down tight. It is moving left and right touching the prop when you hold the prop and rotate the spinner form side to side. I followed their directions re. not to over tighten the allen screw. Just wondering if any other people have had similar problems, or I just have a defective spinner from Tru-Turn.

There are products out there that I would tell people to stay away from and other products a must buy. As to Ford or Chevy, I wouldn't buy either one!!!

Thanks anyways for your response.

G'day Mate,
Sounds like it has nothing to do with the brand of spinner, but the way you have installed it, the prop nut should be TIGHT against the prop & spinner backplate, the spinner backplate should be a close fit to your prop shaft, it should not be able to flop up & down on the shaft, you should have the right adapter bolt, & the spinner thru bolt should be firm, try that & see if it still moves.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

The reason I ask is because I purchased a Tru-Turn spinner last week and after the first flight it was loose and I was unable to snug it down tight.
Occassionally, it is necessary to break out the old Dremel tool with a sanding disc installed, and slightly grind down the end of the mounting bolt, shortening the bolt slightly, untill you are able to install the spinner tightly.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
highflyer767

Bob, I spoke with the folks at Tru-Turn and that is the direction they are telling me to try next as well, a shorter screw. I will give this a shot and see if it works.

Thanks,