Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Professional Plane Builders

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Professional Plane Builders

Old 12-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Born2Fly
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Professional Plane Builders

It might sound silly but I love to fly RC airplane. Yes, Yes, I do realize on what site I am putting this. We all do. But do you like to build them? Some people I know enjoy building much more then flying, they are building a beautiful, highly detailed scale models and selling them, so they can continue working on the another kit. I can build an ARF myself, that what I had being doing for the last 7 years, but I do not really have neither time nor fun. At this period of time I am spending a lot of time at work, I need to wait another 40 years till I retire and can dedicate my time to "building" part of the hobby. I live in Brooklyn, NY and my question is really simple; Are there any professional companies or individuals which can take a fair amount of my money and build a nice ARF (3D plane) for me? Of course, I will be supplying everything required to finish the kit. I do not need to build anything right away, but you never know; one small mistake and.....you need another one. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Professional Plane Builders

What are you looking for? I have a Banchee E3D that I am thinking about selling. I installed the radio and motor. Then, I lost interest and put it back in the box. All thats left is gluing on the control surfaces, tail, rigging the controls and bolting on the landing gear.

It had been years since I built a plane from a kit. I started building a Cosmic Wind from an old school fiberglass and foam kit a few weeks ago. Building is more fun than I remember it being
Old 12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Born2Fly

Well I am not looking to buy any planes at this moment. I have 7 RTF (glow and Gas) + RC car + Heli + 2 electric planes. I know it is not much but it is enough for me. I am looking for someone to build me a plane from ARF if I need to. I am interested only in Aerobatic planes. If I would need to build something it will be QQ Yak, EF Extra etc. I am just looking for the options, because I do not want to spend time building. I would rather being flying
Old 12-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

I think you would probably be better off buying a plane already built rather than paying to have it assembled. In the marketplace here you can find lots of planes. Also in most clubs folks are contastantly swapping/selling planes. A lot of times you can get those planes already assembled cheaper than new. They will have some flights on them but for the most part you can find planes in great shape.

Also, I have seen club members that will do a build for materials. I know a guy who builds for a friend of his. The deal is that the guy buy 2 of everything. That way the builder builds 2 at once and ends up with a plane in the process.

Every now and then you see builders offering to build here on RCU but they are generally pretty pricey. If it takes 10-20 hours to assemble an ARF and you pay a 10 an hour (which is very little) you are looking at a couple hundred bucks to assemble the plane.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Born2Fly

I agreed with everything you saying. But how can I buy a 35% plane from someone in California? When I building my planes I know what they are going to be capable of. That’s why I am saying I need a professional builder. Person who will not takes any shortcuts in assembly. I understand it cost money, but when I am buying $3000-$4000 plane I am willing to pay some extra. Very often, I am going to the swaps, but it is not necessary you will find something that your are looking for. In addition, I had a plane from the swap 2-3 years ago. Looks great and it was assembled good. I totaled it on the second flight because of the construction failure.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (444)

Did you ever find a pro builder?

www.MATOonline.com/planeBuildingPrices.htm
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
jetmech05

You can get everything from cheif aircraft..I think they can build it or have someone build it for you
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After 5 years I'm sure he found someone to assemble his ARFs for him.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 AM
jetmech05

I gotta learn to look at the dates of the posts
Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

The date jumped out at me when he said QQ Yak.

David
Old 02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[:'(] I do the same thing, then say I will be more carefull ~~~ [&o] till next time . lol ENJOY !!! RED
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to add a little salt, the OP hasn't logged in for over a year. think we're all guilty of not checking dates on the last post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the look of the last time he logged on, and the number of posts he made over the years, I would say he got tired of just flying and moved on to something else.

This is usually what happens to people who claim that they just want to fly and not build. They get tired of boring holes in the sky, and don't have the skills to build anything, and move on to something else.

That is MOST people, not all.

Some get tired of boring the holes and move on to pattern, scale, or racing. Some even learn and develope the skills to build from either a kit or scratch. In my opinion, that's when the hobby gets fun. Watching something you built with your own two hands fly and do every thing you tell it to do.

But, That's just my opinion.

Frank
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM
warbdluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree about the hobby gets fun when you start to build. As a kid I started out building plastic airplanes. I remember the fun as my skills increased and I watche my airplanes improve as well. I started out in RC with a plane I purchased ready to fly. As one would expect with it being my first, it didn't live long. I still had the engine and all the radio gear so my next project was an ARF. I enjoyed that and then began to aquire more but soon felt I was flying someone elses plane.  I tried doing some detailing to make my ARF a little more my own and that helped. It wasn't long before I realized that there were some birds that I wanted to fly that just weren't offered in the ARF market. Knowing that my only way to get them was to build it, I decided to try a kit. I wanted something simple to get my feet wet with building. My first was a GP cub (and I still have it). I was hooked after that and soon started to replace all the ARF kits I had with ones I built from kits. Much like when I was a kid with my plastic planes, I am watching my skills improve along with the quality of my planes. I'm now to the point that I don't mind taking on some of the older "builders" kits and have even started a couple from straight plans. I find that I'm always learning new things and constantly challenging myself to do even better. For me this hobby just keeps giving the more I look.
 I haven't had a lot of time to actually fly recently because of my job but I can still build. It's nothing for me to invest another hour here and there into building when I don't have the time available to load up and head the the field. In my world this hobby has whatever I need to fill the time I have available. I just wish I had gotten into it many many years earlier.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He hasn't posted since    Oct 2011.  He's probably not even in the hobby any longer.    

Frank