Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Rudder Problem with RC airplane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Rudder Problem with RC airplane

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:25 PM
RCModelAirplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder Problem with RC airplane

Hello everyone. I bought a Christian Eagle RC airplane, put it all together just fine, but now the rudder won't work. I tried changing the wires, and just about every thing else possible, but it still won't work. Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 03:06 PM
stang
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rudder Problem with RC airplane

Well its a Christen Eagle to start with. When you say you have changed the wires, what wires are you talking about? Have you tried putting a working servo in the rudder position? The more details you give us the easier it might be to figure out how to help you.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does the servo move with out the rudder linkage connected?does the rudder move when you push or pull on the linkage?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, the first thing you need to do is isolate where your problem is. If everything is on and the rudder servo will not move then you could have an issue with the transmitter, receiver, or the rudder servo. Unplug the rudder servo from the receiver and plug a known working servo into the rudder channel on the receiver and see if that servo will move when you move the ruder stick. If it does then you have a bad rudder servo and need to simply replace the bad servo. If it will not move then you have a problem with either the receirver and/or the transmitter. You'll need to send the transmitter and reciever in to a service center to have them diagnose fix the problem. If this is all still new make sure you check and get the work done under warrenty, or have them replace it for you.

Ken
Old 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully the rudder swings freely when disconnected from everything????