Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Klass Kote Epoxy Paint

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Klass Kote Epoxy Paint

Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Klass Kote Epoxy Paint

Hi Ray,

That's everything that I need in a nutshell. I'm going to find a way to copy and paste that so that I always have it. I have the Klass Kote video (oops, I think I loaned it to Matt Lupri) so I can review that again. I'm also going to re-watch the Detailing and Painting series again.

I was at the Club auction today (we did pretty good) and it was hard not to grab a couple of the projects that were there... Someone picked up a Ziroli Zero in the bones for real cheap, and most of the construction was already done. But if I don't grab anything, it won't interfere with my getting these other few 'short' projects done so that I can get back to work on the Miss Los Angeles.

Thanks again... your Albatross is a gem...

Bob
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
astropuppy
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Klass Kote Epoxy Paint

Would somebody please save me some time by telling me approximately how much Klass Kote to mix up to cover a Super Kaos - 60 size - fuseladge? Wing will be monokoted. Just looking for a starting point. Plan to spray with a astro touch up gun if that helps.

Also, is there any problems using regular automotive grey - cellulose - primer; Or, should I just spring for the Klass Kote primer? Fuseladge will be covered with a combination of silkspan and fiber glass.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:57 AM
ben64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I've a small issue especially with this kind of paint I use the satin white with an Harder and Steinbeck Infinity CR+ with 0.6mm tip and I'm very enjoy to paint with it but I have often multiple particles appearing juste few second after the paint is over the model : it seems close to snow flake or like plaster wall even if it is a little difficult to explain sometime they looks filament too
they are not many particle over it but I have between 5 and 10 ( it is a 5 inches fishing lure ) but for example in a cavity they are very much visible

I've made pictures but can't add them to the reply

On the model they appear 5/10 second after the application of the paint coat so I don't think it is clogging and I don't see what is the cause ???

Thanks by advance
Old 05-15-2022, 07:57 AM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I have seen the same thing. On occasion I have actually watched them develop; it looked liked some component coalescing. Hopefully someone cancer a solution.
Chuck
Old 05-20-2022, 03:52 PM
carlgrover

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

What you are seeing is probably trash particles on the surface of the plane. Clean it very well prior to painting. Also make sure your shop is clean prior to painting.

carl