Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

TEXAS RC PLANES LOW WING TRAINER

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TEXAS RC PLANES LOW WING TRAINER

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
N1061D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEXAS RC PLANES LOW WING TRAINER

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE(S) WITH THE TEXAS RC LOW WING TRAINER??? OR FOR THAT MATTER ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS?I AM LOOKING AT FIRST LOW WING PLANES,THE SIG FOUR STAR 40 AND THE GREAT PLANES SUPER SPORTSTER ARE THE TOP TWO I AM CONSIDERING SO FAR.ANY INPUT-----GOOD---BAD-----WILL BE APPRECIATED.THE OS.46AX IS MY POWERPLANT OF CHOICE FOR WHATEVER PLANE I DECIDE ON.....THANKS AGAIN
Old 01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
fozjared

Default RE: TEXAS RC PLANES LOW WING TRAINER

I have not flown the texasrcplanes.com low wing trainer, but i have seen it fly and it would be the perfect second plane as well as the perfect first low wing plane, but also capable of pushing your 2nd plane skill envelope, from what the guy i saw flying it said. i have the texasrcplanes YAK-54 and i love it! there are a couple of guys at my field with the cap 232 matt chapman style, that they sell and both look and fly great! and i have also seen one of their bobcats fly, man was it fast, plus the guy that bought it did an incredible finishing job on it and it may be one of the prettiest planes i have seen as far as arf's go!

there is only a couple of things i have heard and experienced myself with texasrcplanes.com models, they require just a little touch up, epoxy wise, to the critical areas (firewall and landing gear) takes just a few extra minutes during the assembly process and you have a super model for a great price! the other thing is, some of their instruction manuals are lacking, they have good pictures, but you can tell that the people printing them up don't have a real good handle on the english language! these planes that this guy (the owner of texasrcplanes.com) sells come from the same company that supplies nitroplanes.com, but this guy sells them for cheaper, plus he has the most excellent customer service.. he left his family christmas eve to go open up the shop to sell my wife a plane for my christmas gift! (my wife loves to wait until the last minute on most everything) but i got the yak and had it together in 7 hours including adding a little wood glue to the firewall and landing gear area! flew it on christmas day matter of fact, incredibly, using the cg they gave the plane didnt need but 2 clicks of trim and it flies great! so i definitely recommend getting the texasrcplanes low wing. if for nothing else but the customer service i would recommend this place to anyone. they have excellent planes at low prices, whats not to love?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These same planes are sold at nitroplanes.com and other places. They aren't bad airplanes but you will sacrifice a few things for the savings you gain. Instructions likely won't be the best, sometimes the hardware may be questionable (not always though), the covering material may not be as good as Monokote or Ultracoat and so on. I'm not saying not to buy it though. If you are ready to deal with a few minor issues that may or may not arise, you'll likely end up with a great airplane for an excellent price. If, like others have said, the service is great that's also a good selling point.

My personal recommendation is a 4-Star or Tiger-2. The Super Sportster is excellent too, I have a .40 size ARF and a kit built .60 size. It's a pretty fast plane though with the .46-AX. That's no big deal for some people in a second plane but it might be a little much for others.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM
fozjared

Yeah instructions aren't the best, thats for sure, all of the hardware was there for the 2 cap's at the field, but my yak was missing a couple of small peices, one keeper for the tail wheel and something else small i can't remember, fortunately i had both missing peices otherwise the hardware was there and in good shape! As for the covering, imho it is better covering (the covering on my Yak that is) than ultracote, much tougher and it hasn't peeled anywhere yet and i have rung it out in the 10 flights that i have on it now, so i can't say anything bad about the covering because i have had a hangar 9 plane's covering peel on the second flight!