Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Balanc a 3 blade prop

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Balanc a 3 blade prop

Old 01-18-2008, 09:36 PM
bfd04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balanc a 3 blade prop

Is there a different procedure for balancing a 3 blade as opposed to a 2 blade? If one blade is heavier do you add to the others or would it be easier to just take some off the heavy blade?
Thanks
John
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Balanc a 3 blade prop

never try to add weight it might come off and do some damage sand along the thick part of the heavy blade. don't try to take to much off at one time go slow. you may have to do two of the blades to get it to ballance.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:26 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Check out this instructional video. It may help. http://www.downonthedeck.com/videos_instruction.htm

ORIGINAL: whatwind

never try to add weight it might come off and do some damage sand along the thick part of the heavy blade. don't try to take to much off at one time go slow. you may have to do two of the blades to get it to ballance.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
bfd04

Thanks, the video helped. Will try the velcro thing later today, will let everyone know how it worked.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmm, no way will you ever catch me trying to glue goobers of velcro on any prop and anywhere on that prop. Whatwind gave the best advice, never add anything 'anywhere' on a prop other than perhaps some paint.

This is even more important with typical glow engines that are operated typically at much higher RPMs than the gas engines and typical prop indicated in the vidio by so called experts. Yes that is just my opinion.

John