Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what this airplane is????

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Anyone know what this airplane is????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
ssc161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what this airplane is????

Hey all...I posted this over in the "Sport Plane" section also, just thought I may get a few more looksies in here also....
Hey all. Picked this plane up yesterday at a swap meet for $10. Great shape, covering needs a little tightening. I'd really like to know what model it is. Guy said it was referred to as an "Upside down" plane, as the aileron servos and linkage are on the topside of the wing, as opposed to normally being on the underside. It is a shoulder mounted wing, fully symmetrical, no dihedral, 59" span, 41 1/2 " long, and appears to be a .40 size. I searched thru all the RCM plans on their website, and did various searches, but to no avail. Some of the older Phil Kraft models looked 'similar', but no match. I'd guess it to be an older Pattern plane or maybe a Racer as the fuse is very streamlined and rounded. Looks like it will be a fun, fast plane to fly. I'd like to know what it is to find out specific CG point, and to just know! I like knowing what I got! As always, I thank all for their quick responses beforehand. Thanks, Tom.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone know what this airplane is????

I have no idea of what it is.

For balancing I suggest STARTING with 25% of the chord (the main spar is USUALLY about 25% of the chord) and go from there.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
ssc161

Campy... Thanks for the response. That was our plan if I don't find any specific info. Balance it at the main spar and if anything a little nose heavy. Like you say...go from there! I also picked up an OS Max SF .46 at the meet, and just setting the engine on the mount, and doing a fingertip balance, is was real close. No radio mounted yet, but it appears to be right near the balance point also. Thanks, Tom.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Dr1Driver

That looks a lot like a Wolff-Pak Shrike. I had one back in the 80's. It looks similar, but there are a few differences. That's the only pic I got of it.

Dr.1

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53200.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	857114  
Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is that a world engines expert 7 ch fm tx on the photo?I used to use them along with futaba and kraft.never had a problem with them and if I remember correctly they were 1991 compliant.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Dr1Driver

It sure is, aerowoof! I flew it for several years with no problems. It was a great radio. You're right, it was type 1991 compliant. Had several nice mixing features. The only two complaints I had with it was the LARGE TX case and the odd TX battery voltage. It ran 9 1.2 volt cells instead of 8 like today's radios.

That's a Webra Speed .40 with a MACS Flow-Thru muffler mounted on the plane. Talk about LOUD!!!

Dr.1