Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Antenna wires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 04:17 AM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna wires?

I just finished building this plane, and have almost a foot and a half of antenna wire hanging out the back. I devised a neat and cool looking way of arranging the wire on the tail. (see pic). I want to ask if doing it this way will affect the reception or range of the receiver?

I was having trouble with the rudder servo glitching severely when I barely deflected the aileron and elevator. I Think I found that the problem was from me wire tying all the servo wires together.
The rudder servo is also connected via a Y harness on the 4th channel along with the battery (4ch rx). Could this have anything to do with the glitching?
Am I doing everything ok here? I dont want to crash on the maiden flight Thanks for your help, Coulter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4899_1703.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	3814  
Old 03-06-2002, 11:53 AM
Ed Smith

Default Antenna wires?

I would suggest that your antenna routing is a disaster waiting to happen. One snag on takoff or landing and it could be ripped off.

immediately afer it exits the fuselage pod tape it to one side of the fuselage boom down to the tail end. Then run it back up the other side of the boom to the front of the airplane.

You will probably have all sorts of "Experts" howling in derision at this suggestion.

However, this is what I do with my antenna. I pylon race, I do not want my antenna hanging out in the breeze waiting to be chopped off. I keep my antenna inside the airplane. From the receiver it goes to the front as far as it will go, then back down the other side to the tail. I usualy end up with about an inch sticking out that I tape to the fuselage. Go to any pylon race. You will not see many antenna hanging out of the models.

Ed S
Old 03-06-2002, 04:19 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

Default hmmmm...

As for the snagging issue, sounds like a good argument, and this is the only plane I have with the antenna way out back... The antenna is only attached by running through the rubber band, its not attached to the tail feathers. Any bit of force will detach it easily...

I guess what I'm asking is if this arrangement will cause bad reception/closer range?
Thanks for the info, I have learned some valuable things