Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Duralite battery/charger..new to me ...(((help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Duralite battery/charger..new to me ...(((help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 03:12 PM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duralite battery/charger..new to me ...(((help

I have the Duralite B100 charger. Anybody have a manual they can post?? My plane came with a 4 cell 6V Duralite 1600 mah battery and two swithches in parallel. This is not the Duraliteplus..just Duralite
. Can I over charge with there charger? it has 3 ports ..guess for three planes???. Im running hi dollar JR servos..will I burn them up on 6V??Do I need a voltage regulator??. Should I just trash this battery? Got it 3 months ago..never charged it but maintains a full charge. HELP PLEASE Thanks Paul [email protected]
814-374-4004
Old 04-17-2003, 03:48 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duralite

My Duralite charger is a PPD-1001J

It charges the battery automatically, it has a Green LED that will go out when full charge is reached.

The manual says it charges to 6.8V and the low voltage cut off (do not drain below this level) is 5V. If the battery is drained below 5V it will be ruined (as best I recall..the manual doesn't state that).

I don't run a regulator, but am running non-digital coreless Futaba servos. No troubles.

The Duralite charger pretty much only works with the old style Duralite batteries. I read where the old style Duralites have a fixed life-span. I don't know what that is, I am still using one in a not too expensive plane and check the voltage very often.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:52 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Your fine

I hade the same wories but talked with Dave at Horizon on the Rx and 6 volts and Eron at Duralites about the system. From what I now understand you don't have any worries.

If you have futher a doubt you should talk with them directlly. they are very open, honest and helpful.