Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

rom

Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM
pt19 flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rom

hi everybody

have a good supply of petitt hobby poxy paints but no thinner for thinning and cleanup. have tried several from local auto supply and paint store with bad results. could anyone advise what thinner would work with these paints? they are no longer made and I don't think petitt is in business anylonger. very good paint with excellent results...hate to throw them away.

any help or advice greatly appreciated.

good luck and happy flying

pt19 flyer
Old 02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: rom

They are compatible with Klass Kote parts A and B. I have had very good luck with Kleen Strip laquer thinner from the auto section of Walmart. Ran out of HP and K&B hardner a long time ago and have been using the Klass Kote.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 AM
broke_n_bummin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rom

I've had mixed results from the wal mart stuff. Denatured alcohol seemed to work fairly decent for thinning, but cleanup was another story. MEK will work too, but it's a little more expensive and increasingly harder to find.