Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Nitro Models Cap 232 Beitling 60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Nitro Models Cap 232 Beitling 60

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
queasyflier
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Models Cap 232 Beitling 60

I just started building this model. are there any specific tips that anyone has discovered to make it fly well? I'm not sure of the CG for sport flying. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Queasyflier
(Ken Gutwein)
Old 02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
leejkw

Default RE: Nitro Models Cap 232 Beitling 60

Hey Kenny,

According to some friends that have theirs flying, slightly nose heavy at the recommended CG, makes this model pretty stable. I just started building mine. I stripped all the covering off, and reglued all the joints with thin CA. I also reinforced the firewall on the inside with 30 minute epoxy, and microballons. When completed, it will be covered with monokote metallic blue, and silver monokote, with yellow and red accents, & Red Bull decals. O.S. 91 Surpass for power. I should have some pics to post within a couple of weeks.

Happy Flying!

Lee /Southernmost Flyers, Key West, FL
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
queasyflier

Hi Lee:
Thanx for the reply..I hope I don't have to recover mine! Can you help me with the CG? I don't know what it is as I do not have an instruction manual. I am using a OS .61 FX for power, but am concerned that it is too light/ or mounted too far back(it has to line up with the cowl).

Thanks for your help.
Ken
Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
queasyflier

Just curious....why the need to recover this airplane? Is the Breitling scheme hideous or is the covering horrendous? Also.have you found the former and firewall joints too weak?

Queasyflier