Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tx sanwa rd6000super high current drain

my sanwa tx rd6000 use up current dramatically, fully charged batt voltage reading 10.1 v drop to 9.1 v in less than 15 min and low valtage alarm signal to me. batt and charger are brand new from manufacturer. the radio work and control servos normally manner with no jig-jag, no smoke etc. Any one advice . Is it possible that power transister out put were leak ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tx sanwa rd6000super high current drain

If the battery is new I would charge and drain it a couple of times first. make sure you charge as the Sanwa says. Computer radios do draw down faster. I only get about 4 flights with the stock battery with my Futaba. Can you cycle your batterys? Was the TX good before with a different battery?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank so much, TFF. it is the first charge.I just change Tx power source. I'll try again . I 've checked approx out put in simple way by touching + lead of multimeter set in 1000 v ac. at antenna and me at ground lead. Needdle swing to excess scale compare to Futaba 6exa point at only half scale indicate high out put of sanwa. Is this normal? However I blank radiated my RD 6000 with antenna fully extend and check time. After 20 min indicator bar reduce to four , [full is five bar] . so I think at lease a flight is safe. After several charged and used it maybe get better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have never tested the RF output with a multi-meter so I dont know about that. Do the prescribed range check, and I would give the batteries a couple of more cycles too.