Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DX7 program help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX7 program help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default DX7 program help

I trying to set up A plane with two aileron servos with the DX7 but I keep getting twice the throw of the arm going one way then I can get the other way. I set up the servos on my Futaba 9-C to check the centering and throws and they work pefectly on my 9-C.
What the heck Am I doing wrong or is this just the nature of the beast.
I just set things up on A JR 10 and everything works with that radio too??[:@]
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: DX7 program help

2 aileron servos per wing? 4 servos total? Like a big giant scale 35% plane? You need a Matchbox.

Or one smaller sport plane with only 1 servo per side? Simple programming.

You need to enter the main men u on start up and tell it that you are using a FLAPERON wing.

Then you go into the FLAPS channel and set BOTH endpoints at ZERO.

You still have to use the FLAPS sub-trim menu to center that servo. But FLAPS TRAVEL must be set to ZERO.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just two servos, one on each side or wing half. After I come back from the field today I think I will start over from scratch and follow your directions and see if I can get things corrected.
Yesterday when I gave up I had A bad case of brain fuzz. I followed the instructions but I could have missed something more then once and made things worse the more I tried.
I have the same problem with computers too!!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The directions don't tell you that you need to set the travel endpoints on the FLAP channel to zero.

I've never been impressed with the JR instruction manuals. Had the same problem with my 8103 when I first got it.

You need to go into the main programming menu on start-up and set the wing to FLAPERONS. Hold the left SCROLL button AND the ACCESS button at the same time and then turn it on. It will have a screen that says Model Select. Use the left SCROLL button and press DOWN on the button 2 times until you see a screen that says WING TYPE.

FLAPERONS should be OFF right now. There should be an arrow in front of the FLAPERON. If not--use the left side SELECT/ACCESS button to move the arrow around. When the arrow is in front of the FLAPERONS--use the right side ADJUST button and press UP once. Now FLAPERONS should be ON.

You're all set on that menu. Exit out by pressing the left side buttons together. That should get you back to the regular flying screen.

When you turn on the FLAPERON wing in the main menu, this tells the radio that you are going to use 2 servos. You plug one servo into #2 on the RX. Plug the other servo into #6 (this is the flaps channel).

I usually take the servo horns off, so that nothing gets bound up while I'm working.

Now go into the TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT screen and go to the FLAPS channel. Set the travel to ZERO. Now flip your flaps mix switch. (it's the tall skinny one on the left side--right next to ELEVATOR D/R) Again, set the travel to ZERO. You should now have the FLAPS at ZERO travel with your flaps switch in both positions.

Now go to the SUB TRIM menu and set it to ZERO for flaps and ailerons.

Now put the servo horns back on as close to centered as you can get them.

Now use SUB TRIM on each channel to get the ailerons centered up.

Check travel. It should be the same.

If you want more or less travel--use the AILERONS travel adjustment. You have to move the ailerons stick to the right in order to get travel adjustments. There is a little arrow in front of the L. When the arrow is here, you're only getting LEFT aileron adjustment. Move the aileron stick to the RIGHT to make travel adjustments in that direction. The arrow will move down in front of the R. Seams silly to me, but thats how they work. Wherever the little arrow is--thats what your adjusting. Move the stick to make the arrow move and then hold the stick to make adjustments in that direction,