Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

futaba t6xa vs. futaba 6exa

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

futaba t6xa vs. futaba 6exa

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
bigdman3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba t6xa vs. futaba 6exa

I am relatively new to hobby though I used to fly over a decade ago on am frequency. I believe some of my info is correct. the t6xa is a discontinued model or something like it anyways. I ask cuz i need a cheap computer radio; futaba based and i can pick one up for 120. In addition I found a futaba 6exa which from my calculations is a newer model. I can get one of these for abouth the same price and also a 6 exap. there are so many similar model numbers and I can't get a straight answer. l I just wanna know if anyone out there thinks one of these radios is better than the other and if the price is fair. I would like to switch to 2.4 system down the road but right now the cheap route is favorable.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: futaba t6xa vs. futaba 6exa

The 6XA is discontinued. It had more functions than the 6EXA, but the 6EXA is cheaper. The 7CAP is nice radio, and moderately priced to boot. The 9CAPS is in my book one of the best buys around.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
bigdman3

soooooooo what your sayin is ....... I guess it's a shot in the dark?? I looked at 7 cap and 9 cap etc. I am willing to spend 100 dollars or so . meaning not alot to start out with. Then progressively get into a 2.4 system. I know the t6xa has heli functions which i guess makes it versatile but unless im gonna get into heli which i'm not then no. price wise for either radion new in box for 120 which would you get. keeping in mind that there are other more advanced radios availabe but not in my immediate interest.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
bigdman3

I'm sorry i failed to mention these are complete systems tx, rx, both batteries, 4 servos, servo extensions etc.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
flapper

I would recommend you try and allocate some more money and buy the 9CAPS. You will be too limited with the 6XAS. The 9CAPS has the extra channels and more mixing functions that you may need as you progress with your levels of flying and choice of aircraft. You can also upgrade it to 2.4Ghz but you can't with the 6XAS.

Buying the 9CAPS now will be far more economical and practical over the long term than buying the 6XAS if you plan to go 2.4Ghz in the near future.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
theradioflyer

The 6EXA is a good, affordable radio. With digital trims I'd say it beats my 6XAS. Great to have model memory but you have to re-trim every time you switch models to fly. You can't beat the price. I replaced my 6XAS with the 7CHP, another great radio!

God Bless,

Jay
Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 AM
bigdman3

Thanks everyone for your input it was very useful. I wasn't aware you could upgrade an existing radio to 2.4 very useful as well. I appreciate everyones input thanks a bunch.

Dano
Old 03-12-2008, 01:43 AM
bigdman3

not sure if I have to delete my posting im sure I'll figure it out anyway I am currently looking for a 9c radio. go figure I went from 100 to 300 dollar ads over one post thanks guys. I have a few prospects so wish me luck thanks again everyone.

Yo duckman thanks for the info and you too mr. down under
Old 03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

The 6EXA is a good, affordable radio. With digital trims I'd say it beats my 6XAS. Great to have model memory but you have to re-trim every time you switch models to fly. You can't beat the price. I replaced my 6XAS with the 7CHP, another great radio!

God Bless,

Jay

Actually, you can save the trims with each model. I had two of these and that was one of the features I liked the best. I agree that you should go ahead and get the 9CAP though. I've had one since '03 and still love it.

$120 is a little high for a used T6XAS. I sold mine a couple of years ago for $100 and that included 6 receiver Xtals. I recently listed my JR XP8103DT on RCU for $125 including the JR case and neckstrap and got two little nibbles. Ended up trading it to a club member for a new OS 46AX.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 PM
bigdman3

ok everyone i am no longer asking about the exa and xa etc. thanks for all input. However I am curious from what i found a 9chp and 9 cap are virtually the same. I found alot of 9chp's and only one 9cap the item i am looking at is a chp will i be allright with this or is the 9cap my only real option........................Dman
Old 03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only a few diferences in the H (heli) and A (airplane) models. Both models have a throttle ratchet, but it comes from the factory disengaged. It is easy to engage with a phillips screw driver. Also the default setting for the H model is a helicopter rather than an airplane for the A model. Both versions will work with helis and airplanes. If you can get a better deal on the H model I'd say go for it.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:35 PM
pt19 flyer

hi
my suggestion for the money would be a hitec eclipse 7 outfit. this is an excellent radio and service if rarely needed is excellent. I have the prism 7 and eclipse 7 and love them both. both are computer radios with many adjustments available
try it, you will like it

good luck and happy flying

pt19 flyer
Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Oldbob

I need help with a T6XA. A friend gave me this radio, Tx only, and it still works fine. I have several Futaba radios, 2 8U’s and a 9Z with instruction manuals; I have no manual for the T6XA and can not figure out if it’s in the ACRO or HELI mode. Also the throttle trim works only at full throttle and not at low throttle. Can some one direct me to a down loadable manual or tell me how to switch between ACRO and HELI and how to reverse the throttle trim on this raido?
Bob
Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 AM
TXFLYR

1 press on the mode buttons until para window appears, then press the cursor button until th emodel type you want , either acro or heli , appears.
a steady display indicates the current model type,
2 to select your desired model type , press both the (+) or (-) data input keys simultaneously. the word set? appears blinking on and off in the display. if you do not wish to reset the data, press the cursor key or a mode key or return to the regular window.
3 if you are sure you wish to choose a new model type, press both data input keys simultaneously again . the resets the model type and erases the memory.
the model type letters wil stop flashing to indicate the changed model type
Old 07-06-2008, 08:47 AM
carrellh

Read the info on this page
http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/notes-6x.html
and then download the 6XA/H Super manual.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
redbaron9898
My Feedback: (2)

Ive got a t6xas sitting around if you still are lokking for one