Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wing Bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Bags

Has anyone ever made wing bags and if so what kinda of material
works best?

Thanks
Blackie
Old 03-08-2002, 06:02 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Default Wing Bags

I dont know if you want to make them or buy them,but go check out www.wingbags.com . I've got 4 sets of bags from him and they are a super product,well worth the money.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Wing bag

For my Sig Kadet Senior which has a 78" wingspan my girlfriend made a wing bag for me. Our problem was cost of materials. As well as keeping it as simple as possible. I found a hideous Queen size comforter at Value city that had a defect and talked the manager down from 20 to about 15 bucks. Granted, a lavendar paisely wing bag is pretty hideous, but it sure does protect wing. If you would like a pic, I could include by editing this reply. To keep it simple for her, I told her to just make a long rectangular pillow case and I can just slip the wing in from the end. Looks hideous, works great.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:36 PM
glalderman
My Feedback: (9)

Default Wing Bags

Amen...go to www.wingbags.com I've bought their "Skins" most of my planes as I trailer all mine and didn't need the "extra" padding of the deluxe bags. Very inexpensive in the "Skins" version. Two-piece wings are 40.00 and my Ohio RC 1/3 scale Ultimate was 80.00 for both wings. My wife made a wingbag for my Corsair and I have almost 40.00 into it and it is not nearly as nice as the ones through wingbags.com

Fast turnaround and great shipping prices...6.00 for one set of bags and 9.00 for all you can fit in a box and Matt did fit a lot in the box he sent me!

Try them...you won't be unhappy!
Old 03-09-2002, 07:04 AM
Blackie

Default Wing Bags

Thanks everyone
Old 03-09-2002, 03:47 PM
rightflyer

Default Wing Bags

My first set of wings bags, my wife made for me and they worked well. However, when you add up the materials, labor required, and the begging needed;-)), it wasn't worth it. My next set of wing bags were bought from wingbags.com. Inexpensive, well-made, and look great!

Earl
Old 03-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Scorpionjack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WingBags

My Wife makes them also, and she personalizes them. Right now she's just finishing a new design that carries the fuse and Wing of a Q-500 to include V-Tail covers.

Don't ask me to much as this was her venture to enter into my Obsession (Oh! I mean Hobby).

You can Email her and ask her what ever you like about the Wingbags or even Complete Aircraft Suits.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Yes she is in Japan, and yes the house here in the states has turned into a 5 Bedroom/5 car garage Airplane palace
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5321_88.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	3918  
Old 05-17-2002, 01:40 AM
flynfish44

Default Wing Bags

Well , for what it's worth , here is what I did and it worked very well . I cut a piece on 1/2 inch cheap carpet padding . I folded it over and glued it at the bottom and side , leaving the top open . I used liquid nails in a tube as the glue . It ain't pretty but works very well and is easy to make .