Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Which plane to get?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Which plane to get?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
devil505
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which plane to get?

I am looking to buy a third plane. My first plane was a Hobbico Trainer and my second was a Voyager. I am not sure what I want to get for my third plane. My choices are between the Goldberg Tiger or the Goldberg Skylark. Both are low wing planes. The Tiger says it is for beginner to intermediate and the skylark is more for intermediate to advanced. I have been flying for over 2 years. This will be my second ARF build. If anyone has any experience with either plane let me know.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Which plane to get?

Tiger 60. Real sweet flying airplane.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Sherman

My recommendation might be the Tower Kaos, which will fly well on any 50 or 46 engine (the Tiger II and Tiger 60 are also excellent airplanes. The Kaos can be fast and very aerobatic, yet is very easy to fly, and easy to assemble. Several people have bad mouthed the Kaos ARF, but I can't imagine why. It is an excellent ARF and easy to assemble. Another suggestion is the Calmato sport, a really easy to assemble ARF (the easiest I haveencountered) and is an excellent flyer (It looks, and flies much like the Goldberg Tigers) Happy flying. Lots of good planes available.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your choice, they are both excellent.

The Skylark is a bit more advanced than the Tiger, but the Tiger is also very aerobatic - it's just a bit more stable than the Skylark.