Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Nelson Products no longer in business?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Nelson Products no longer in business?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:14 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nelson Products no longer in business?

I have tried contacting and eventually made an on line order one moth ago and received an order confirmation ;my credit card was Never charged and order never received. As I said Nelson Products does not respond to my e-mails[&o]Luck of the Irish though my LHS 50 miles away[&o]had the Rocket City stuff I needed.

So Nelson Products is out of business??[>:]
Old 04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nelson Products no longer in business?

I don't know. Have you tried calling? 817-431-9898 / 877-263-5766
Old 04-05-2008, 08:09 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Nelson is in the process of selling out to another person. I placed an order a couple of months ago. They sent a conformation that they got the order. But for some reason it took about 3-4 e-mails and a threat to cancel the order before they sent it out.
Another thing.right now Toledo is going on....they just may be at the show this week. I know I tried to contact RCS and Chief aircraft and both are there at this time. So try next week.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:24 PM
ramcfarland

Thanks but the Toledo show excuse is "A dog that don't or won't hunt." They had plenty of time to respond despite 'restructuring or what ever. Its rude.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 AM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Richard,
Try giving Jerry a call tomorrow, I bought some clear coat from him about 4 years ago and he was very helpful. I called an talked to him about issues I was having spraying the clear coat and he talked me through it. I know is trying to sell the business because he has too many irons in the fire.
Anthony
Old 04-06-2008, 11:38 AM
ramcfarland

I will do that ,He has the Rocket City line and there is a product I still need from that line. No question he is a good man!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:31 PM
carrellh

We met Jerry at an RC show in Arlington, TX, around the time he moved the business to Keller. He didn't really strike me as the sort of guy who spends a lot of time in front of a computer doing emails. That's why I mentioned calling. He is the kind of guy who will talk your ear off in person or over the phone. One of our club members uses the Nelson paints. He has needed to call a couple of times. He says after a while he has to say, "Jerry, I've gotta go, my wife needs me."
Old 04-06-2008, 06:45 PM
ramcfarland

Well shame on me if I do not attempt to get in touch with Mr. Nelson ;however I should think the conversation would be short all I need now is a former 'Rocket City Specialties' item called :U.F.O.s and he now markets under the name PIN CLAMPS,@his web site where I placed an order,but as you all say call and call I will. Thanks all LOL