Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for some advice

Old 04-30-2003, 02:50 AM
To_Subway

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Looking for some advice

Hi, I have'nt flown RC airplanes for about 7 years now. The last airplane I owned was an Ultra Sport 40 with a os .46 fx engine and retracts. I want to begin flying airplanes again but I would like to buy a big plane. I'm looking into buying a GP extra 300s patty wagstaff and I was wondering if ya'll think this would be a good choice for me. I do'nt feel like I've lost touch with flying planes in general but I'm wondering just how much more advance the GP extra 300s patty wagstaff is compared to the ultra sport 40 I flew years ago. Any advice, or ideas on giant planes would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Henry
Old 04-30-2003, 03:49 AM
Mustang Man-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The larger planes are easier to fly as they are not, as a rule "twitchy". They fly smoother and more stable. You don't say how long you have been away from flying but i would think you would want to get some stick time in and feel comfortable again before you jump into a big, expensive plane to re-introduce yourself to the hobby. But it's your money.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:35 PM
RGM
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lay off

Henry -
I was in your shoes about 4 years ago. Hadn't flown in 7 years. Got my self a good ole Ugly Stuck and went flying. It was almost like it had only been since only last weekend that I had flown. I did have somebody stand by me just in case though. Only prudent I thought. I agree with Mustang Man. Get your thumbs back before jumping into the serious dollar stuff. It really doesn't take long.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:32 AM
ThaFlyer
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yep thats me! I bought a Super stik after being out for a couple of years! I love that plane! I flew it at least 5 times a week and it really built up my skills and confidence. Now I am flying 3D with my 1/3 and 1/4 scale monsters!

Thinking back, I do owe it all to my Stik. It is a VERY forgiving plane with no major stall tendencies like 300's and other sport planes. It helped me to educate my dumb thumbs. LOL

I believe i will take it out today!
Old 05-15-2003, 11:12 AM
Bruiser-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Back after a break

I took a 3 year break from flying and I too started up again with a stick type airplane. It took me a little while before I felt "connected" again when I flew, but now I am ready to start flying my Super Chipmunk.

JMHO,
-Bob George