Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Pneumatic Retracts

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Pneumatic Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
scott282
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Pneumatic Retracts

For my TF 1/7th P-47 kit I'm considering using the recommended Robart 606HD 85 degree HD mains with 3/16" wire and the Robart 650 straight RoboStrut 3/8".

What other accessories do I need to complete the retracts?

Do I need the 188VRX - Standard Deluxe Air Control Kit and do I need the 164G 100psi Hand Pump with Gauge?

I'm also considering the Spring Air retracts and the Century Jet retracts.

Just trying to figure out which ones will work the best and making sure I get all the pieces needed before I get that far in the build.

Thanks,

Scott.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Robart Pneumatic Retracts

I really like and use Spring Air. When you buy a set of Spring Air retracts, you get all the items needed to make them work, minus the struts. They make a heavy duty set which uses the 3/16 inch struts. Most of the Robart gear sets also require you to buy a control set which is the valve and tank and hoses and such. The other up side to Spring Air is they are air to hold them up and they come down and lock by spring action if you loose air pressure. You also have less connections which is less chances for leaks. Robart now makes a set of air up spring down however I have not used them. Good Luck, Dave
Old 04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
skidd1000

I have used both spring and air types of retracts and they both work well. With either type you will need a servo to work the valve and a air tank to hold the pressure to work the retracts. As far as filling the tank, the hand pump works good, but I prefer a small 12 volt compressor that you can get at most any auto parts store.As far as brand goes I have robarts in my f14 and centry jets in my ultra sport 1000. They both work great. Just get the ones made for the weight of your plane.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 AM
airborne14830

What other components do you ned for the compressor to work when filling the tank? I have robart retracts that came with a fill valve and I tried different air pumps and they all don't seem to push the stem down so air can go through.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Part of your setup should have been an adaptor that fits onto the fill line that is designed to fit into fill adaptor that is on your plane. If you do not have it, it is hard to fill the air tank. You can order a fill valve and fill adaptor from Robart. Good Luck, Dave
Old 12-27-2008, 07:06 AM
airborne14830

I have all that. what I did not know was that I needed a basketball needle stem and air tubing so I can adapt it to a different pump instead of using the robart air pump. Now that I have all that, i assembled it and and gave it a try and works like a champ. I am thinking about getting an electric air pump from wal-mart that cost $10.00 and attached it to my field box.

thanks for the feedback