Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Angle Pro incidence meter

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hangar 9 Angle Pro incidence meter

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Tontocan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Angle Pro incidence meter

Hi,
Anyone out there familiar with these ? Just got mine and can''t seem to get it to work as advertised. Specifically, you are supposed to attach it to any surface and then press the acquire button to zero it. This doesn''t work. Is the button faulty or am I having finger trouble ?

Also, there are three displays. When you turn it on there is a letter "A" in the bottom left corner along with the digital angle readout. If you press "H" (for hold) the letter A disappears and a "H" appears (pretty obvious- it "holds" the current digital display). If you press "H" again, the letter disappears and the LCD display only shows the digital angles readout. The manual doesn''t mention the "A" display or the display with no letter, yet if you cycle between them on a level surface, the digital angle readout changes substantially so it must mean something. The Hangar nine Tech support guy told me that he''d never seen the "A" displayed. Well, every photo of the unit in action on their website shows the display with a little "A" clearly in the left corner so I''m not sure who exactly is on the end of that "tech support" line.

Finally, the "A" display is only there when the unit is first turned and stays providing you don''t press the hold button. If you cycle away from it by pressing the H button eventually arriving at the display with no letters present (two presses of hold), you cannot get it back. You can only cycle between the Hold display and the normal display (no letters present).

Any explanations ? The manual doesn''t mention these displays at all (except for the function of the hold button).

Thanks,
Wayne from OZ
Old 03-13-2012, 09:45 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Angle Pro incidence meter

You and I have posted similar problems about this meter and we both have zero replies.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: flycatch

You and I have posted similar problems about this meter and we both have zero replies.
Just means no one knows anything about that meter. I'm sure you will get a lot of those maybe if you tried this or that answers from people that know nothing about that meter in time.
I use Robart meters myself and they aren't even the newer digital type. Never seen the meter from H-9 but if you like I can take a couple of guesses. If you phone Horizon there is someone there that can walk you through the set up.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To speak to product support or a service
technician, call (877) 504-0233

give them a call.....

they can walk you through