Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

lipos in hand held starter

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

lipos in hand held starter

Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
ratchis2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipos in hand held starter

Hello,

I came across some posts on some forum about people replacing the gel cell battery in a handheld starter (hobbico I think) with a lipo battery(s). Has anyone done this? If so, can you provide me with very specific battery(s) needed and any special instructions of note? I know nothing of lipo batteries. The information I read said the starter with lipos have more kick. The gel cell in my starter is bad and needs replacing.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: lipos in hand held starter

try this part of the forum..... you should get the answers here.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_84/tt.htm
Old 04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Any Lipos will do!
3cell Lipos is 11V (aprx), 4cell is around 14V.so get a 14V cell Lipo battery and a Lipo charger.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Ed Smith

I had the Sullivan 12 (14.4v)cell starter pack for my Sullivan starter. I replaced the Nicads with two 2 cell 1500mah Lithium batteries wired together, (14.8v). The two lithium batteries fit very nicely in the Sullivan case. The lithium batteries deliver far more current to the starter than the Nicads ever did.

Ed S