Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito Twin Cylinder Temperature Variation

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito Twin Cylinder Temperature Variation

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:45 PM
ckelloggjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito Twin Cylinder Temperature Variation

I have been bench testing my new Saito FA-90TS. I touched the clyinders and the exhausts after it ran. Then I used an temp gun on them. The right cylinder runs 40-60 degrees hotter than the left. Do you think this will equalize when I tune it later. I am currently running it very rich to break it in. Thank you, ckelloggjr
Old 04-20-2008, 04:29 PM
nauticom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saito Twin Cylinder Temperature Variation

ckelloggjr:
Saito's take quite a while to fully break-in at least a gallon of fuel. Also I use only YS 20/20 fuel it does make a difference, especially with idle. I have the exact engine and it took at least a gallon before I was ready to put it in the plane. It idles like a champ you will love this thing. After a gallon, check the valve clearance, I had to adjust mine after the first gallon. Also check the compression, which will tell you how far along you are with full break-in.
Good luck,

BobM