Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

charge jack on Hitech and futaba

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

charge jack on Hitech and futaba

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charge jack on Hitech and futaba

Are the center pins on the charge jacks on Hi-tech and futaba radios of different sizes, I can use the futaba charger to charge both Hi-tech and Futaba radios, but I cant use the Hitech male plug to fit the radio plug on a Futaba?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: charge jack on Hitech and futaba

It is not wise to use the Futaba connector on the Hitec. The Futaba uses a 5mmOD 2.1mmID (Radio shack part no. RS274-1567) while the Hitec uses a 5.5mm OD 3.5mm ID (Radio Shack no. RS274-1573) connector. You could buy the proper connector from RS and solder it in parallel with the existing connector on your Futaba charger and charge either safely with the same charger.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: Rodney

It is not wise to use the Futaba connector on the Hitec. The Futaba uses a 5mmOD 2.1mmID (Radio shack part no. RS274-1567) while the Hitec uses a 5.5mm OD 3.5mm ID (Radio Shack no. RS274-1573) connector. You could buy the proper connector from RS and solder it in parallel with the existing connector on your Futaba charger and charge either safely with the same charger.
thats a real good idea
Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Matt14x

WOW

I never knew this, and I've been using a futaba wall charger on a hytec optec 6 for three years.

Too late to quit now.

Matt
Old 04-24-2008, 04:44 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: Matt14x

WOW

I never knew this, and I've been using a futaba wall charger on a hytec optec 6 for three years.

Too late to quit now.

Matt
[&o] Learn something new every day heres what I stated in my post and what you said is true but? you cant use a hitech on a futaba
I can use the futaba charger to charge both Hi-tech and Futaba radios, but I cant use the Hitech male plug to fit the radio plug on a Futaba?