Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SPEKTRUM AR6200 bind issue

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SPEKTRUM AR6200 bind issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 AM
cobra525
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEKTRUM AR6200 bind issue

OK, here goes. I recently have began testing the 2.4 technology world hoping to switch over. Got a DM9 module for my XP9303 and I am using a Parkzone Stryker as my test vehicle with a AR6200 receiver. The issue is when binding the RX to the TX everything is great both receiver and satelite get a solid light and work the controls fine. Then next time I power up (TX then RX) only the satelite receiver gets a solid light. The main 6200 blinks forever Unless I rebind. Bad receiver or dumb pilot? BTW when powering down I do (RX then TX).
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 AM
alan0899

Default RE: SPEKTRUM AR6200 bind issue

G'day Mate,
I know this will sound silly, but, you must remove the bind plug after you have rebinded the RX.
I assume you have done this, but I have found, that is the only way any of my RX's lights keep flashing, is if I don't remove the bind plug.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:43 AM
fozjared

the only time i lost bind was when i switched the rx on first, but i have heard some issues with people laying the tx down or leaning it against something that depresses the bind button in the rear when pressure was applied to flip the switch on... that may be something to watch for.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 AM
cobra525

Yes, I do remove the bind plug after both RX establish links. However next time I power up only the satelite locks a link and the main 6200 RX keeps flashing. The reason I discovered this is because I was getting lock outs almost after every turn. I was able to land and then discovered the flashing light on the 6200. I did NOT notice if both RX lights were solid before take off.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:35 AM
telejojo

I've lost two airplanes with Spectrum wiyh loss of bind in the air.One time it came unbound when I touched the engine with a glow driver.I am not going to trust it anymore on my big gas planes until I find out what's going on. I talked to horizon and they want me to send the radio to them since it happened on 3 different rec.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:54 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Sounds to me like you have the newer software in the main receiver and not the satalite. The flashing is telling you that you lost power or experienced a brown out. If you turn it off for a few minutes then turn it back on it should be on solid but if thats the case they should both be flashing. They have free firmware updates and it sounds like yours needs it.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 PM
telejojo

There was no flashing or anything just dead.........until I rebound it.It would'nt even power up until I rebound it.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:49 AM
cobra525

Thanks to all for your support. I beleive I found the problem. I changed the esc to a different one and had 3 flights without incident. Hope it stays like that. The "BAD" esc still seems to work fine on 72mhz as I put two flights on it with my mini edge. 2.4 technology is certainly picky when it comes to voltage flow, receiver location, and older equipment. Both systems have pros and cons I guess. The way I see it is - APPLES and ORANGES. Some people will say 2.4 is the best thing since sliced bread, and I do too after spending 400.00 to experiment. At the end niether system to date guarantees your bird will go back home with you 100%. Its just another system.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:53 AM
Mode One

Is it because the esc and motor are causing a voltage drop (brown out)? I would suggest powering the radio with it's own power source and see if that ends your problem.