Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

quick battery help...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

quick battery help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default quick battery help...

Hey guys,

I bought these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=014 I swore I bought them with the right connectors but they arent. I want to use a pack for my futaba system in my nexstar and maybe use one in my JR tx/rx's at a later date. Could I just cut the ends off and put the proper connectors on. I know some radio companies use a reverse setup from others. oh and the new radio is a JR9303

Thanks in advance,

Erik
Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: quick battery help...

Eric,
You can use the connectors on that battery with either a JR or a Futaba. The reverse connections you are referring to was on older Airtronics equipment, but they don't do that any longer. They have changed and use the same wiring setup as everybody else. So actually, those batteries will will work with all 4 major brands of radios.

Even if you come up with a pack wired differently, you don't have to cut off the plug. You can simply lift the tab holding the leads in the plug and change the wiring on the plug. See the attached diagram as a reference.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68045.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	935613  
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: quick battery help...

Great thanks! im gonna take a look at em tonight.