Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Evolution 58 engine failing to start

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Evolution 58 engine failing to start

Old 04-23-2008, 11:03 AM
EvoEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 58 engine failing to start

I have an Evolution 58 engine that I am trying to start for the first time. The problem seems to be the ignition. The instruction manual that I have does not give full details on how to connect the ignition and at the moment I do not get a continuous spark from the spark plug, just 1 spark when the battery is switched on. The LED is continually flashing. According to the manual this means I have too little battery power. When I just try and connect the ignition unit the LED does not come on at all, again according to the manual I have too little battery power. I have a 6V battery fully charged and according to the manual that is within the spec of 6V-8.4V. The other thing that is puzzling is that I opted to go with the manual choke option and there are no clear instructions on how to connect to the receiver the cord supplied with the engine is way too short to reach from the ignition unit to the position of the receiver and when I did try to move the 2 closer together there seems to be no contact. Lastly I also need to mention that I opted for the short choke silence option. Hope you can help me, as I have tried to look for other manuals on the net, but the file format of all manuals does not allow me any access to them.Thanking you. EvoEdge
Old 04-23-2008, 12:42 PM
glover1482

Default RE: Evolution 58 engine failing to start

http://mvvs.nl/ is where I went for information on my 58cc. There is a lot of information there. In addition, there is a Gas Engine forum here where you can locate even more information. I strongly suggest that you power your ignition with a 2S Lithium pack. That is what I use, and my research convinced me that a 5-cell NiCad or NiMh pack would not get the job done.

Fly safe, Glover

Also check out the MVVS Support forum.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
EZer

Default RE: Evolution 58 engine failing to start

I had the same problem with mine. I tryed a 6 volt and it was'nt strong enough so I went with a 7.2 volt and all is well. As far as the choke I put a servo on it.