Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Polk receivers

Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Larry S
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Polk receivers

Has anyone on here tried the Polk SEEKER RX 8 CH 72 MHZ e with their JR 9303 synthesized radios? Just before spectrum I purchased the JR 7202 then went up to the 9303 radio but both had the same problem, you had to get to the receiver to change channels. A friend of mine told me about the Polk Seeker receiver and showed me on his plane he had a botton locacted on the outside of the fuselage that he could push to change channels without having to take a wing off and dig for the receiver in the plane. I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with this setup. Now why couldn't JR have come up with this idea???
Larry
Old 04-25-2008, 11:24 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Polk receivers

Larry:

Can't address your question regarding the JR9303 but I can tell you this. I have used the Polk's Seeker II 8 channel synth
receivers with Polk's Tracker II, Futaba 9C, Royal Evo 9 synth, Futaba 12 Z synth transmitters with zero problems. I ALWAYS put my set button on the
outside of the aircraft somewhere. I have also used their 6 channel synth in the same manner with both the Royal Evo 9 synth and Futaba 12 Z. Never had a
problem of any kind and that is flying electric, 40-120 size glow power and Giant Scale Gas.

I don't use them anymore since I have switched totally to 2.4. Think I still have a total of 8 or 9 of the receivers laying around.

Worked for me.

Dan
Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Larry S
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dan,
Just what I wanted to hear. The seeker was mailed out today and will be here the first of next week. I don't plan on switching over to 2.4 as of yet. So many of our guys have switched over that the channels have cleared up and with the new receiver, this will make it better. Up until I got the JR 9303 I used only Airtronic radios and have had great luck with them and they finally came out with a 2.4 version at a reasonable price. I might someday try a 2.4 module for my JR but have a hard time spending more for a receiver and module then a complete Airtronics radio on 2.4
Larry
PS: Interested in selling the receivers?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Larry S.

Sent you a PM.