Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

3 blade prop manufacturers

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

3 blade prop manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 PM
spiral_72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 blade prop manufacturers

I've got a fascination with three blade props. Why? I dunno, and I'm aware of the supposed inefficiency of the extra blade.
When I purchased my plane it come with a Graupner 3 blade. Well, it lasted exactly one very short flight, so I really don't know how good it was.

I bought a Master Airscrew 3 blade, but I've since realized how much the MAS props flex.

From the looks of it APC only offers one 3 blade, a 15.75 x something so I guess that's out.

Anyone have experience with the Graupner props? Are there any other brands out there worth using?

I can't seem to find any more, although I'm sure there must be. I'd like to keep the Nylon/glass filled. No wood props for me just yet.

Oh, and it's for a .61 2-stroke so something like a 12-5 or a 11-7 three blade is what I've looking for.

Thanks for the help
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3 blade prop manufacturers

I believe Masters makse some good wooden three blades. I understand Graupner makes very good 3 blade props. APC makes more than one three blade, but I don't know if they make anything in the size you need. For a .61 two stroke I would be looking at a 11-5, 11-6, or 10-7.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:21 PM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

I went from a 15x8 to a 3 blade 14x7 Master prop on my Top Flite T-34 with a YS 120 and the performance was better.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Zinger makes 2, 3, and 4 bladed props. I have always wanted to buy one, but haven't got my airplane put together yet. Anyway here is there website. http://www.zingerpropeller.com/ I like that you can buy replacement blades in case you break just one. Not sure how the hub works either. Just another option!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
spiral_72

Sport Pilot: For a .61 two stroke I would be looking at a 11-5, 11-6, or 10-7.
Really? I thought that would be a little on the small side. I like the larger diameter props. Maybe I'll try the 11-6 if I can find it.

Macdona: I went from a 15x8 to a 3 blade 14x7 Master prop on my Top Flite T-34 with a YS 120 and the performance was better
I'm trying to stay away from the MAS props. When I've compared them to another prop of the same size, MAS comes out on the bottom. I think they just flex too much..... Even though I used to be a die hard MAS fan.

Spitfire: Zinger! Why didn't I come up with that? I'll check them.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Hobby Lobby International sells Graupner 3 blades. Not Hobby Lobby the craft store. Do a search and you'll see what I mean.