Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How do I join wings to fuselages?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How do I join wings to fuselages?

Old 04-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Lafayette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I join wings to fuselages?

GUYS, please help. I am building a scratchbuild airplane of my own design. I am not a pro at this. I have 2 wing tubes on my wing, one 5 mm diameter and one 2 or 3 mm diameter. I understand that if I just slide the wings on those tubes, when I do a roll in flight the wings are going to slide off and there will be a crash expected. HOW do I do those little hinges and bolts to firmly join ther wings with the fuselage, but still allow them to come off? Please give your own step by step suggestions or a website on how to do those things.

Yisht,
Thanks a lot. 8D.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do I join wings to fuselages?

1st you need to have an alignment pin on each wing panel. This pin goes into the fuselage (or from the fuselage into the wing) to hold the wing at the correct incidence.

2nd fastening the wings. Depending on the size of the plane AND how you intend to fly it, anything from a couple of rubber bands stretched between the 2 wing panels, to bolts that go through the wing tubes to lock them in, to bolts that go through a hardened area in the fuselage into the wing panel will work.

Which one you use will depend on how the plane is going to be flown, the size of the plane and the amount of access you have for the method you chose.