Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Cessana 182 Skylane 72"

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cessana 182 Skylane 72"

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessana 182 Skylane 72"

I recently purchased a really nice Cessna 182 Slylane at a garage sale. It unfortunately has a terrbile cowl that was apparently fit to several different engines and installation angles. It needs to be replaced. However, I have no idea who manufactured the plane nor it's scale. Fiberglass Specialties may have it but need to know what I don't know. Maybe someone out there can help identify the manufacturer or scale of the plane and may even have a new cowl.

Here's what I know: It has a 72" wingspan, with flaps and aerlerons. It currently has a .91 four cycle for power. It is highly detailed with preprinted panel and rivet lines. All windows are tinted blue plastic. It has a cheap abs plastic interior insert and there is a lot of abs plastic on the plane. It is white with red accents. The previous owner thought that he purchase it from Tower Hobbies several years ago. It is contructed of balsa and wrapped with a plastice like convering with a possible thin foam lining. The covering has the preprinted panel and rivet lines already on the covering.

There are several Sylanes on the market now but none with this wingspan. If anyone knows the make or scale or this aircraft I would greatly appreciate you assistance. This too nice of a plane to let it gather dust. Thankyou in advance, Terry
Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cessana 182 Skylane 72"

[link=http://thegriffinspot.net/planes/index.html#cessna]Found this link.[/link] Pica, 72". Welcome to RCU!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:51 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cessana 182 Skylane 72"

This sounds to me like one of the old Global Hobbies ARF's from the 80's. They used the covered foam construction you describe.