Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

futaba conversion to 2.4 using spektrum module

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

futaba conversion to 2.4 using spektrum module

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
clouddancer120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba conversion to 2.4 using spektrum module

has their been any discusion on the pros and cons of putting the spektrum module in the 9c and using the ar9000 receiver? I just bought the spektrum 7 and it really doesn't match up to what you have in the 9c for programing. I may just spring for the spektrum mod unless their are problems.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
bigdarylg

Default RE: futaba conversion to 2.4 using spektrum module

not sure about the ar9000 but i am having great sucess with the spektrum module and the ar7000
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 AM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: clouddancer120

has their been any discusion on the pros and cons of putting the spektrum module in the 9c and using the ar9000 receiver?
Very likely in the RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros forum. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_157/tt.htm
I suggest doing a search there.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

ORIGINAL: clouddancer120

has their been any discusion on the pros and cons of putting the spektrum module in the 9c and using the ar9000 receiver? I just bought the spektrum 7 and it really doesn't match up to what you have in the 9c for programing. I may just spring for the spektrum mod unless their are problems.
You only get 8 channels. The 9c must be run in PPM mode to interface with the module, and as you know, a 9c in ppm is an 8 channel radio.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
clouddancer120

Thanks to all who responded. I found my questions anwsered, also more info on runryder. I now have both the module for my 9c and a spektrum dx7 system. both have their advantages. also one person even rerouted their antenna wire inside the back of the module into the transmitter case to get rid of the plug sticking out of the backside of the module. I use a tray and that is one thing I dislike about the add on modules. more info can be found on the runryder site about this modification.